Zesty Zucchini Insalata Recipe
- 1½ pounds zucchini, grated
- 1 medium Vidalia or other sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1½ teaspoons Celtic sea salt
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ cup raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (a Meyer lemon is delicious!)
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons mint, chopped
- Celtic sea salt, to taste
- Grated lemon zest from one small lemon
- Toss zucchini and onion with salt in a colander. Let mixture drain for 30 minutes. Rinse and squeeze to remove excess liquid. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add bell pepper, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, basil and mint. Toss well. Season to taste and serve immediately, garnished with lemon zest.