Watercress Soup Recipe
Another very elegant soup, watercress is especially healing
for the liver. Also excellent for dinner guests; it goes very well
with animal protein meals. Delicious with starchy vegetables
and grains, too.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 5 very large cloves (or more) garlic, chopped
- 1 cup celery leaves
- 6 cups water
- Sea salt and Herbamare to taste
- 1 bunch watercress, washed well, large stems removed, and
- In stockpot, sauté onion in oil over very low heat until
- Add garlic and celery tops and sauté slowly
(approx. 5 minutes more).
- Add water, sea salt, and Herbamare, and continue
simmering for 10 minutes.
- Purée soup in blender for several minutes until very
- Return to stockpot, adjust seasonings.
- Drop watercress into soup.
- Bring to boil, turn off, and cover a few minutes before