Turkey Salad Recipe
Ingredients : serves 4
- 4 cups cooked turkey, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup vinaigrette
- Vinaigrette Ingredients
- ½ cup raw, organic apple-cider vinegar
- ½ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 to 6 drops stevia liquid concentrate
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (optional)
To make vinaigrette:
- Blend first 8 ingredients, then slowly add xanthan gum if using.
To make turkey salad:
- Toss all ingredients including vinaigrette together in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Refrigerate several hours to marinate flavors.
- Serve over a bed of mixed field greens.
Cranberry Relish With Pecans
NOTE: While this is not a strict BED recipe, we are posting it to accommodate the many requests we have received for holiday dishes. It is also delicious mixed with kefir and enjoyed as a dessert.
Ingredients : Yield 2 cups
- 1 tablespoon unsalted (sweet) butter
- 12-ounce package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped orange rind
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon white stevia powder
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the cranberries and pecans, and saute for about 10 minutes or until the cranberries are soft.
- Place the remaining ingredients in a small bowl and combine well. Add this mixture to the cranberry mixture, and stir gently.
- Simmer the ingredients and continue cooking until the mixture thickens slightly.
- Transfer the relish to a bowl and refrigerate for several hours before serving.