Squash and Ginger Soup Recipe
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 acorn squash, skinned and chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 celery sticks, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Large piece of ginger root (3 – 4 inches long), grated
- Water to cover
- Sea salt or Herbamare to taste
- Minced parsley as garnish
- Sauté carrots, onions, celery, and garlic in oil.
- Add squash and ginger.
- Cover with water.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or pressure cook for 12 minutes.
- Purée and adjust water to desired creaminess.
- Add sea salt or Herbamare, and simmer at least 10
- Serve garnished with parsley.