Holiday Spiced Yams
Instead of maple syrup, this recipe uses all-natural Lakanto Sweetener. Lakanto Sweetener has the sweet, deep and full-bodied taste you would expect to find in maple syrup—without all the sugar! This means that you can still enjoy a holiday classic without weakening the immune system or spiking blood sugar.
- 5 large yams, peeled and cut into 2 inch rounds
- 2 small apples, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 cup Lakanto Sweetener
- 4 tablespoons ghee or coconut oil
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease baking dish with ghee or coconut oil.
- Cook yams in boiling water until easily pierced with fork.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the cooked yams and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add to the cooked yams the apples, ghee, spices and Lakanto Sweetener.
- Mix well.
- Spread the yam mixture evenly into an 11×7 glass baking dish.
- Top with pecans. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes.