Sautéed Cabbage with Daikon and Carrots Recipe
Got Thyme? With just a little time, you’ll thrill your family with this delicious recipe. When cooked lightly, cabbage has a much sweeter taste. This dish is crisp and sweet with a tangy finish by adding lemon at the end. Enjoy!
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 carrots, julienne
- 3-4” daikon, julienne
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 6 cups finely shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Celtic Sea Salt TT
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice or TT
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add carrots, daikon, onion, and garlic, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add cabbage, and toss to coat with oil.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes, season with salt and thyme, and add the water.
- Cover and cook for 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally until cabbage is tender, but do not overcook. Reduce heat if necessary to avoid burning.
- Once cabbage dish is plated, sprinkle lemon juice over, and serve immediately.
- Serve hot. (Do not add lemon juice until ready to eat.)