Tabbouleh Salad Recipe
- 1 C quinoa (soaked overnight), cooked
- 1 ¼ C vegetable stock
- ¼ C extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ C fresh lemon juice
- 2 C fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 C green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ C fresh mint, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, small diced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- Bring vegetable stock to a boil, and add soaked quinoa. Add a pinch of sea salt, and cook to desired consistency. Do not overcook – the quinoa should not be sticky but have a nice clean consistency.
- Drain any extra liquid from quinoa and cool.
- Pour quinoa into large mixing or salad bowl, add oil and lemon juice, and mix lightly.
- Add parsley, red bell pepper, green onions, cucumber, and mint; toss to mix.
- Cover. Chill for 1 hour to overnight.
- Add 1 tsp. sea salt, and mix lightly.