Quinoa (or Buckwheat) Stuffed Peppers Recipe
Ingredients: (Makes 6 servings)
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, other B.E.D. grains or combination
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 1 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 3/4 tsp. pepper
- 2 Tbsp. dried sweet basil
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 4-6 cloves garlic, chopped fine
- 2 stalks celery, chopped fine
- 1 lb. greens such as kale, parboiled 5 minutes, chopped
- 6 red peppers, seeded and parboiled 5 minutes
- Sauté onion in oil or ghee with seasonings until
- Add garlic, celery, and kale, cook until tender.
- Blend with cooked grains.
- Taste mixture and adjust seasonings.
- Stuff red peppers with quinoa mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees in oiled casserole for 45 minutes.