Chakra Quinoa Slaw by Tara Armstrong
This light, refreshing slaw is made with organic black quinoa and a tasty organic pomegranate juice and apple cider vinegar dressing – a great balance to any holiday meal.
- 1 ½ cups organic black quinoa
- 3 cups water
- 1 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas, cut on diagonal
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 1 large bunch fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup organic pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 5 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of one lemon or lime
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Soak quinoa overnight, then rinse.
- Add quinoa to boiling water and simmer for 15 minutes or until fully cooked.
- Remove from heat, fluff with fork, and cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine pomegranate juice, apple cider vinegar, ginger, lemon/lime juice, extra virgin olive oil, and sea salt.
- In a large bowl, combine black quinoa, red cabbage, snap peas, carrots, red onion, red pepper, and cilantro.
- Drizzle the dressing over the salad and lightly fold in.