Heavenly Quinoa Hash Recipe
This protein rich meal is a perfect way to use leftovers.
From Delicious Magazine (Makes 6 servings)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 – 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp. ginger, minced
- 2 red skin potatoes, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup minced parsley
- 2 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- Herbamare and/or sea salt to taste
- Rinse quinoa several minutes in a strainer.
- Place water and salt in a saucepan and bring to a rapid
- Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover, and simmer until all the
water is absorbed and the grains become translucent
and pop open (15 – 25 minutes).
- Sauté onion in oil, ghee or butter until translucent.
- Add garlic and red pepper and sauté until tender.
- Add potatoes, ginger, and parsley and sauté for few
- Fold in cooked quinoa, and sauté until heated.
- Taste and adjust seasonings before serving.