Quinoa Curry Salad with Turmeric Recipe
This recipe makes enough for a group or for you to have delicious leftovers.
Have you been looking for new delicious ways to incorporate fermented foods into your diet? At Body Ecology, we know that fermented foods are the key to building the gut bacteria you need to achieve your best health.
Here’s a recipe that will help you gain more living beneficial bacteria in your gut. It’s also got the amazing healing properties of turmeric, a well know Ayurvedic liver support herb. Enjoy this with a serving of cultured beets.
- 4 cups soaked, sprouted, steamed and cooled quinoa
- 4 chopped English cucumbers, with skins on
- 1 bunch chopped cilantro
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 1 cup fermented young coconut meat
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- ½ -1 tsp curry powder
- ½ -1 tsp turmeric
- ½ -1 cumin
- ½ -1 clove garlic
- Cayenne to taste
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- Soak, sprout steam and refrigerate your quinoa until chilled.
- Mix in chopped cucumbers red pepper and cilantro.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a high speed blender and pour over salad.
- Mix gently.
- Refrigerate for an hour before serving.
- Garnish with a cilantro leaf and a sprinkle of turmeric.
Refrigerate leftovers in a sealed glass container.