Potato/Corn Chowder Recipe
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 – 6 cloves garlic
- 4 medium red potatoes, diced
- 4 cups corn
- 6 cups water
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 1 leek, washed, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
- In coconut oil, ghee or butter, sauté onion with thyme,
bay leaves, and garlic until onion is translucent.
- Add potatoes, 2 cups corn, water, and sea salt.
- Simmer until potatoes are tender (approx. 20 minutes).
- Remove bay leaves and 1/4 of the soup. Purée and
return to pot.
- Add remaining corn, leeks, celery, and pepper.
- Adjust seasonings.
- Simmer until veggies are just tender (10-15 minutes).