Coconut Flour Onion Gravy Recipe
Coconut flour, when used in the correct proportions, is an excellent replacement for wheat flour. When baking, it is best to mix coconut flour with other Body Ecology grain flours. With experimentation, you will find that on its own, coconut flour can bake into a dense cake or bread. Because coconut flour contains no phytates, it is not necessary to soak or sprout it before using.
- ¼ cup ghee
- 1 quart chicken or beef stock
- 4 medium to large onions
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Melt ghee or stock fat in a medium size saucepan.
- Add onions and cook until they soften and brown. Sprinkle with salt.
- Stir in coconut flour and continue stirring until it thickens and slightly browns.
- Add stock and thyme. Simmer gently until sauce begins to thicken, 10 – 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Remove thyme.
- Blend carefully in a blender until smooth or use an immersion blender.
- Add freshly ground pepper to taste.