Heidi’s Savory Crackers — Mexican Variation
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/2 cup blue corn flour
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. softened butter
- 1/2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin seed
- 5 Tbsp. water (approximately)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift or blend dry ingredients together with a wire whisk.
- Using a whisk, pastry cutter, or fork, work butter into
- Add just enough water to make dough stick together to
form a ball.
- On a floured surface, or between wax paper, roll dough
flat (approximately 1/4 inch thick).
- Sprinkle surface lightly with Herbamare and Dr.
- Transfer to greased cookie sheet.
- Cut into rectangles, squares, triangles and diamond
- Bake for 15 minutes or until edges just begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and place on wire rack.
- Place rack of crackers on cookie sheet and put back in
oven to become crisp.
- Turn off oven and serve.