Lima Bean Cilantro Soup Recipe
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 2 – 10 oz. packages frozen lima beans
- 2 large onions, minced
- 6 – 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut in half
- 8 cups water
- 2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 bunch cilantro, coarsely chopped
- Sauté onion and garlic in oil for several minutes.
- Add water, carrots, lima beans, and sea salt.
- Simmer until vegetables are tender.
- Remove carrots, cool, and slice into 1/4 or thin rounds.
- Purée approx. 3/4 of soup and return to pot with
- Adjust seasonings.
- Add cilantro and simmer for two minutes. If cilantro is
unavailable try parsley, spinach, watercress, kale. Cook