Lemon Cherry Yogurt Parfait Recipe
Submitted By Travis Grant
The warm weather brings an abundance of colorful fruit for you to enjoy. Remembering the Body Ecology Principles of proper food combining and eating fermented foods will assure that you get the best out of the fruit you eat this season.
Summer is the perfect time for you to expand on the fruits you eat. Sour fruits like lemons and cherries combine perfectly with fermented young coconut meat to create a cooling treat so delicious that you wouldn’t even know its good for you too. Remember to eat your fruits in moderation and combine them with fermented foods to enjoy the best results.
- 2 cups of young coconut kefir cheese (coconut yogurt)
- ¼ cup fresh Bing cherries*
- 1 tsp agar agar (seaweed used like gelatin)
- 3T Lakanto
- ½ cup water
- 1T fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Few drops of Liquid Stevia (to taste)
- 4 stemmed cherries (for topping)
- 4 beautiful wine glasses
Make your own coconut kefir and coconut kefir cheese using hearty starter cultures that build your immunity and keep you thriving.
- In a food processor or high-speed blender, combine 1-cup coconut kefir cheese, Bing cherries, and a few drops of liquid stevia to taste. Blend until creamy. Move to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining kefir cheese, Lakanto, lemon juice and lemon zest to your blender and blend until creamy. Move to a separate mixing bowl.
- Boil ½ cup of water on stovetop, turn off heat, add agar agar flakes and stir until dissolved.
- Quickly add half of the agar agar gelatin to each bowl, and stir.
- You can re-blend each fruit/cream if you like
- Spoon half of the lemon cream into 4 wineglasses and top with half of the cherry cream. Top with the remaining lemon and cherry creams and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
*Cherries are not included in stage one, the healing stage of Body Ecology. Sometimes even sour fruits can cause candida to act up. Ideally, fruits should be eaten alone, on an empty stomach, and combined with a good fermented food, so that the microflora can help the sugar and you can enjoy the delicious flavor.