Luscious Lemon Butter Sauce Recipe
Good poured on an all-vegetable platter.
Ingredients: (Makes approximately 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick) or ghee
- 1 Tbsp. organic, unrefined oil
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped, or 2 small scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 heaping tsp. dried tarragon or 1 heaping Tbsp. finely torn fresh tarragon
- 1/2 heaping tsp. dried basil or 1 heaping Tbsp. finely chopped fresh basil
- Heat butter or ghee and oil in small skillet.
- Add onions, and sauté until soft.
- Add remaining ingredients, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and serve.
Variation: Use 1/2 heaping tsp. of dried dill or 1 Tbsp.
fresh dill instead of tarragon and basil.