Gingery Carrot Sauce Recipe
Great over grains, serves 4 people.
- 1 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 20 – 25 small carrots, chopped (or 15 large)
- 2 large onions, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 1/2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- Water or stock to cover
- 2 1/2 tsp. sea salt or Herbamare
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- Ginger juice to taste*
- Sauté carrots and onions in oil, ghee or butter.
- Add celery and red pepper and continue to sauté until
- Add water and sea salt.
- Pressure cook 15 minutes or simmer until very soft.
- Add seasonings and enough water to create the right
consistency for a sauce.
- Stir and simmer 10 – 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasonings.
Variation: Add pinch of cumin, coriander, or cardamom to
carrots as they sauté.
*To make ginger juice: grate ginger, pick up by handful,
and squeeze the juice into small measuring cup.