Fish Chowder Recipe
Remember: animal protein soups combine only with non-starchy
vegetables, ocean vegetables and raw salads.
Ingredients: (Makes 2 servings)
- 1 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1/2 cup leek or onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup carrots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1/2 bay leaf
- 1 whole clove
- A few yellow celery tops, chopped
- 3/4 cups white fish (sole, bass, etc.) cut into cubes
- 1/8 tsp. kelp
- 1/8 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 2 Tbsp. parsley or chives, minced
- Sauté leek or onion and garlic in oil over low heat.
- Add carrots and celery and continue to sauté for several
- Add broth, cover, and simmer until vegetables are
partially tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, bay leaf, clove, celery tops, and fish.
- Simmer 3 minutes more.
- Add kelp and sea salt and remove bay leaf.
- Serve with snipped parsley or chives.
A high calcium soup.