Fennel and Apple Salad with Pecan Dressing
Tart Granny Smith apples, the crunch and aroma of shaved fennel, and the nuttiness of pecans make this a bright and seasonal dish. Be sure to soak and dehydrate pecans before using, in order to minimize any anti-nutrients.
- 1/2 cup cold pressed, unfiltered olive oil
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 drops of Liquid Stevia Concentrate
- Celtic Sea Salt, to taste
- 2 bulbs fennel, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup fennel fronds, chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, cut into matchstick slices
- 1 tablespoon of roughly chopped pecans
- Lightly toast pecans in medium sized saucepan over medium-low heat. Remove from heat.
- Finely chop 1/2 cup of pecans, leaving roughly 1 tablespoon to sprinkle over salad.
- For dressing, blend all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Combine shaved fennel, fronds, and apple into a mixing bowl.
- Toss the salad with the dressing.
- Sprinkle with roughly chopped pecans. Serve.