Eggplant Salad for people who hate Eggplant
- 1 Large Eggplant
- 4 Large cloves garlic
- 1 Serrano pepper
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 ounces B.E. Wholegrain liquid
- Sea Salt
- Coconut Oil for Frying
- Peel and cut eggplant into thick slices.
- Sprinkle with salt on both sides and place in a single layer in a colander.
- Place a bowl on top (as a weight) and allow to drain the excess liquid that develops for an hour.
- While eggplant is draining, mince garlic and pepper. Mix with 2 tablespoons Sea Salt, lemn juice and B.E. Wholegrain liquid. Set aside.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large nonstick sauté pan over med/high heat. Fry eggplant until golden brown on both sides. Remove from heat and place the slices on a cutting board. When cool enough to handle, but not cold, cut slices into cubes and put into a bowl with dressing made above. Toss and allow to sit for 20 minutes before serving.
You will be surprised a this dish’s unique flavor… for people who love eggplant this is a real treat. For those who don’t like eggplant… this IS the exception!!!