Curried Celery Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, washed, sliced (reserve two dark green leaves)
- 1½ pounds celery, chopped
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 3 red-skin potatoes
- 3¾ cups homemade vegetable stock or filtered water
- 1 bouquet garni
- 2 tablespoons mixed fresh herbs, finely chopped
- Celtic sea salt and Herbamare, to taste
- Celery leaves, finely chopped
- Pinch of celery seeds
- Heat the coconut oil or ghee in a large saucepan. Add the onion, leek and celery. Cover and cook gently for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the curry powder and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Make bouquet garni. Place a bay leaf, a sprig of thyme, and a sprig of parsley on reserved green leek leaf. Cover with remaining piece of green leek. Tie securely with fine string, leaving a length of string attached for easy retrieval.
- Add potatoes, vegetable stock, and bouquet garni. Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove and discard the bouquet garni. Purée soup using an immersion blender or a countertop blender.
- Return puréed soup to the saucepan and add the mixed herbs. Correct seasonings if necessary and reheat gently.
- Ladle into soup bowls and garnish each with a sprinkling of celery seeds and some finely diced celery leaves.
An unusual blend of flavors, this soup is an excellent winter warm-up. Celery is rich in sodium and supports adrenal health.