Chicken Breasts Roasted in Fresh Garden Herbs Recipe
- 1 cup fresh oregano leaves
- 1 cup green onions, coarsely chopped
- 4 Tbs. fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped
- 2 small garlic cloves
- Juice of two lemons
- ¾ Tbs. melted coconut oil, ghee or extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. fine grind celtic sea salt
- ½ tsp. Crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 free-range, organic chicken breasts
- Combine first eight ingredients (everything but the chicken breasts) in a food processor bowl and process until minced
- Place chicken in a casserole dish and spread fresh herb mixture over chicken breasts
- Marinate chicken at least one hour in refrigerator then roast very slowly in a 225 degree oven for one hour and 15 minutes or until the breasts are done.
- ½ lb. string beans, cut into inch pieces
- ½ lb. yellow wax beans, cut into inch pieces
- 1 small red onion, finely diced
- 1 red pepper, diced in small inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, diced in small inch pieces
- 2 ears fresh corn, remove kernels from cob
- 1 jalepeno pepper, seeded and very finely chopped
- 3 Tbs. organic, unrefined essential oil blend (try BED’s Zesty brand)
- 1 Tbs. apple cider vinegar
- Celtic (fine grind) sea salt and/or Herbamare to taste
- Quickly blanch string and yellow beans in hot water. Plunge into cold water to stop cooking.
- In a large serving bowl, mix all ingredients together.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Chill before serving.
Sauted Kale with Garlic
- 2 Tbs. coconut oil, butter or ghee
- 1 large bunch of organic kale, coarsely chopped
- 3 – 4 cloves of garlic, coarsely chopped
- Celtic sea salt to taste
- Melt oil in large skillet and add kale, sea salt and garlic. Saute on low heat until kale is wilted.
- Reduce heat even more to very low, cover skillet and continue to let kale “sweat” in its own juice until kale is tender (about 25 minutes).
- Serve hot.