Claire’s Creamy Cauliflower Soup Recipe
Ingredients (Makes 6 to 8 servings)
- 1 large head cauliflower, washed and cut into chunks
- 2 medium to large carrots, grated
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large clove pressed garlic
- 1 teaspoon (or to taste) curry powder
- Celtic Sea Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter)
- Approximately 1/4 cup finely chopped parsley
- Place cauliflower in large pan, cover with filtered, salted water, and cook until tender. Do not drain water.
- Place cauliflower and water in blender. Puree, adding the curry powder and more sea salt. (This will need to be done in two stages, as it is too much for one blender to accommodate).
- Set aside cauliflower puree.
- In a deep pan, saute onion in the coconut oil and ghee until it’s translucent. Add garlic, and saute gently for a few moments, being careful not to brown it. Take off the heat, and set aside
- Cook the grated carrots in just enough water to cover until tender, being careful not to let them get mushy. Do not drain.
- Add pureed cauliflower to onion and garlic mixture.
- Using a slotted spoon, lift carrots from water and add to the soup along with most of the parsley, stirring gently. Add some of the carrot water, if desired, to thin the soup, or leave it thick and creamy.
- Garnish each serving with a sprinkling of fresh parsley.