Claire’s Classy Carrots Recipe
- About 8 medium organic carrots
- 2 tablespoons ghee (clarified butter) or organic butter
- Approximately ¼ cup fresh, finely chopped parsley
- ¼ to ½ a teaspoon orange flavoring (Frontier is a good brand). If you happen to have an orange, a pinch or two of grated orange peel is a nice touch
- 1 drop (or to taste) stevia liquid concentrate
- ¼ teaspoon (or to taste) fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- Wash carrots and trim the ends. Cut each carrot lengthwise and then cut diagonally at about 1/2 inch intervals.
- Place carrots in pan and cover with filtered water. Cover pan and cook to desired tenderness.
- Drain carrots and set aside.
- Place ghee or organic butter in empty carrot pan and melt on low heat. Add the orange flavoring, grated orange peel and stevia to taste.
- Place the carrots back in the pan and toss in the orange butter. Turn off the heat, add the parsley and lemon juice, toss again and serve immediately.