Sweet and Sour Savory Cabbage Recipe
This quick and delicious side dish can be added to any meal, and uses the top-recommended of ALL natural sweeteners, the no-calorie zero-glycemic Lakanto.
- 1 head of cabbage, julienne
- 1 head of red cabbage, julienne
- 1 large vidalia onion, julienne
- 1 Tbsp. salted butter
- 1/2 tsp. coriander
- 1/2 tsp. cardamon
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp. Lakanto Natural Sweetener
- Peel off outer leaves from cabbage, cut in half and remove core and julienne in 1/4″ slices. Prepare onion in the same way.
- Heat stock pot over medium heat. Sauté onion in butter until translucent and lightly caramelized. Add cabbage and mix well.
- Mix no-calorie Lakanto All-Natural Sweetener with apple cider vinegar and dissolve thoroughly.
- Add Lakanto and apple cider vinegar to vegetables. Season with dry spices.
- Cover and simmer over medium-low heat. Stir frequently until cabbage is soft and fragrant.
Note: Great dish to add to salads or as a side dish to a meal or the foundation for bratwurst and kraut.