Buckwheat Croquettes Recipe
- 2 – 3 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 large onion, minced
- 2 stalks celery, finely minced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 cup parsley, finely minced
- 1 carrot, finely grated
- 2 cups cracked, roasted buckwheat
- 3 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1 tsp. Herbamare
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1 Tbsp. curry seasoning or your favorite herbal blend (Spice Hunter)
- 1/2 cup arrowroot
- 1 cup millet, quinoa or amaranth flour
- Sauté onion in 1 Tbsp. of oil, ghee or butter until
- Add celery, garlic, parsley, carrot, and broth or water.
- Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add buckwheat, Herbamate, sea salt and curry
- Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat and allow to steam, covered, for 10 more
- Add flour, mix well, and set aside to cool.
- When cool, form into patties.
- Sauté burgers in just enough coconut oil, ghee or butter
to prevent sticking to pan.
- Drain on paper towels and serve.
This is a nice meal served with garlic green beans and a
grated carrot salad.