Basic Millet Recipe
- 1 cup millet
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- Wash millet well and drain.
- Boil water and sea salt. (To get fluffy millet, boil water
and salt before adding millet. If you start grains in
cold water, they become creamier and sticky.)
- Add millet, cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 25 to 30
- Let stand covered for 5 to 10 minutes to increase
fluffiness if desired.
Variation: For an even more delicious flavor, roast millet
in heavy skillet until millet has a nutty smell.