Basic Amaranth Recipe — Pressure Cooked
Ingredients: (makes 2 cups)
- 1 cup amaranth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- Combine the amaranth, water, and salt in pressure
- Adjust heat to maintain high pressure and cook for 6
- Reduce pressure with a quick-release method.
- Remove the lid, tilting it away from you to allow any
excess steam to escape.
- Stir well, adding oil, ghee or butter if desired.
If the mixture is too thin, boil gently while stirring
constantly until thickened, about 30 seconds.