Asparagus Soup Recipe
This soup is delicious hot or cold. Because of the chicken
broth it only combines with non-starchy vegetables.
- 1 – 2 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 3 – 4 large yellow onions, chopped
- 5 cans chicken broth
- 3 1/2 lbs. fresh asparagus, cut tops off and set aside, cut
stalks into 1” pieces (cut and discard tough ends)
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Sauté onions in oil until soft and golden.
- Heat broth, and add cooked onions and 1 asparagus
- Cook on low heat until asparagus is soft.
- While cooking, add sea salt and pepper.
- Purée, then return to heat and add asparagus tops.
- Cook for 10 more minutes
(take off heat before tops become too soft).
- For a cool soup, refrigerate.