Artichoke Pate Roll Up Recipe
- One 14 oz. can of artichokes (soak to help remove citric acid)
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh organic lemon juice (approximately the juice of 1 lemon)
- 1 cup soaked and sprouted almonds (or walnuts if on second stage of diet)
- ¼ red onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 Tbs. capers, (optional) soaked to help remove citric acid
- ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt (fine grind)
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Romaine lettuce leaves, use small ones and leave whole
- Put first eight ingredients into blender and puree at high speed until creamy and smooth.
- Place spoonful of mixture into lettuce leaf and roll up.
- Taste and adjust sea salt if needed.