Lakanto: The Delicious and Versatile Zero-Calorie All-Natural Sweetener That Looks and Tastes Like Sugar!
So you’re on the Body Ecology program and you are committed to improving your health. Perhaps you’ve greatly reduced or completely eliminated sugar because you know it feeds yeast, ages you quickly and leads to all kinds of serious degenerative diseases. But let’s face it … there are times when something deliciously sweet is welcomed. Yet, when we do eat it, many of us feel guilty…
We humans should not feel guilty about our desired to enjoy the sweet taste.
This desire for sweet-tasting foods and drinks is quite normal. In fact, our very first food, mother’s milk, was warm and sweet and we’ve formed an emotional bond with this taste.
Trying to fight and use “willpower” to avoid the desire for the sweet taste is NOT the answer! That would be a losing battle.
As you know, though, refined white sugar and corn syrup is poison and even natural sweeteners like agave and honey will feed yeast and make our blood more acidic. So what choice do you really have?
Introducing LAKANTO, the closest natural sweetener to sugar EVER in terms of its taste and its versatility … but NOT in terms of the risks it poses to your health! In fact, as you will learn below, quite the contrary…
Imagine being able to (again) make sweet treats for yourself and your family that actually taste like you used sugar … but that won’t have the ill effects of sugar. Impossible? Not any longer!
And I am thrilled to able to bring this wonderful new zero calorie all-natural sweeter that has been extremely popular in Japan to the U.S.
For the times you must have sweet treats, nothing even comes close to the all-natural zero-additive zero-calorie and delicious Lakanto! Use Lakanto just like sugar in your favorite recipes. With zero calorie Lakanto, your baked goods will be much healthier, and you will be too!
Is Body Ecology Abandoning Stevia?
NEVER! We fought long and hard to bring stevia to the U.S. market too.
A little over twelve years ago when the FDA banned stevia from the U.S. in an attempt to keep us from enjoying this safe, natural sweet-tasting herb, I introduced the white stevia extract powder to America and created recipes showing everyone how to use it in Stevia: Cooking With Nature’s Calorie Free Sweetener. Esteemed doctors like Robert Atkins, Julian Whittaker and Andrew Weil, helped me promote it and Body Ecology sold stevia to tens of thousands of Americans. The FDA was inundated with calls from happy users of stevia and when the import ban was lifted, stevia was approved as a dietary supplement. It soon became a popular product in health food stores everywhere.
A sure sign of stevia’s success is that two food and beverage giants, CocaCola and Cargill, have recently petitioned the FDA to fully approve stevia as a sweetener. They have patented it under the name, Rebiana.
Lakanto: Ideal for Baking, Coffee & MUCH More & SAFE for Diabetics!
But while stevia is perfect for drinks and some recipes, stevia is not ideal for traditional baked goods. And while I personally never drink coffee, coffee lovers tell me it’s not great in coffee either. Finally, of course, you can’t sprinkle stevia onto things like you can sugar.
In the past, if you tried to make a “healthy” birthday cake for your child or bake cookies for the holidays, you may have resorted to using agave syrup or honey in your baked goods, feeling that these were better alternatives to sugar … but those natural sweeteners DO feed candida and other pathogens.
Unlike sugar and the other natural sweeteners, though, Lakanto does not feed the harmful yeast (candida) and bacteria in your body.
Lakanto is even safe for diabetics!
And Lakanto, the amazing all-natural sweetener, has:
- Zero calories
- Zero glycemic index
- Zero additives
- No influence on your blood sugar and insulin release
- A one-to-one ratio with sugar — so it’s easy to measure and use.
Lakanto is truly the next generation of healthy sweeteners.
QUESTION: “I’ve been searching for something that will help my family eat healthier, but they really don’t like the taste of sugar substitutes. Does Lakanto REALLY taste good and is it safe for everyone in my family?”
ANSWER: Yes, absolutely! Lakanto has been safely enjoyed in Japan for over TEN years.
The Japanese Ministry of Health doesn’t just approve Lakanto for use in Japan, they actually recommend it for weight loss, obesity and blood sugar problems like diabetes. Lakanto has GRAS status here in the US.
In fact, over 9,000 hospitals in Japan serve Lakanto to their patients.
- Where Does It Come From? The Lakanto Story in Brief…
- Coincidently (if there is such a thing) at the very same time that I began providing stevia to America, a prominent business man in Japan began a quest to find an even closer substitute for sugar.
- He owned Saraya Corporation, a company with an excellent reputation for bringing healthy products to the Japanese consumer. In fact, after the war ended Japan was devastated, and besides starvation and homelessness, sanitation was a serious concern. Saraya Corporation introduced a gargling machine that was (and still is) used in schools, businesses, restaurants and hospitals all over Japan. These gargling machines greatly reduced the number of illnesses and even saved countless lives.
- Saraya Corporation also became the Japanese leader in environmentally safe cleaning products for personal, home and commercial use. Their excellent products are made with coconut oil. Today Saraya Corporation devotes millions of dollars each year to provide protection and safe homelands to the pygmy elephants living in the regions where their coconuts are harvested.
- Just as I do, Mr. Saraya has a deep interest in our children’s health so he challenged his team of brilliant researches and scientists to develop the perfect natural sugar substitute. After two and a half years of relentless experimentation, Lakanto was introduced and has now become Japan’s third most popular sweetener…behind sugar (and sadly) aspartame.
- I believe that the synchronicity between Mr Saraya’s intentions and my own allowed our worlds to eventually be drawn together, and today Lakanto can be a part of your world as well.
- Now you can see why my friend Saraya-san and I are both excited to be offering his patented sweet “secret” to the United States.
- Lakanto IS safe for anyone … kids, diabetics, people watching their weight, hypoglycemics, and, of course, anyone with a sweet tooth. And yes, Lakanto gives you the flavor of sugar, without the many downsides…that’s why we love it.
- What Is Lakanto Made From?
- The two natural ingredients in Lakanto are erythritol and the super-sweet extract of the luo han guo fruit from China.
- Erythritol is a sugar alcohol naturally found in grapes, pears, mushrooms, soy sauce, cheese, wine and beer, so it and has been part of the human diet
for thousands of years.
- The erythritol in our Lakanto is Specially fermented from non-GMO corn so that you know it’s safe.
- You may be familiar with other sugar alcohols like xylitol, sorbitol, and malitol used in sugar-free candies and chewing gum. But erythritol is different and much better than these other sugar alcohols because it is FERMENTED.Yes, it is made by fermenting the sugar in corn.
- Many people have trouble with foods sweetened with sugar alcohols. Diarrhea and gas and bloating are frequent complaints. But Lakanto does not cause diarrhea, gas and bloating. We believe it may be because Lakanto is made by fermentation while the other sugar alcohols are made from hydrogenation.
- Erthritol is naturally low calorie because your body excretes about 90% of it. The 10% that remains in your system turns into harmless gases and short chain fatty acids in your large intestine. (NO, Lakanto will NOT cause embarrassing flatulence.)
The exotic and rare luo han guo fruit grows in the mountains of China. People there have used it for years as a sweetener and folk remedy for coughs, fevers, phlegm, and digestive distress. The extract of the luo han guo fruit is 300 times sweeter than sugar, with virtually no calories, and is one of the key “secrets” that makes Lakanto THE ideal natural sweetener!
Erythritol is sweet, but when used alone in a product does not taste like sugar. Only when it was combined with the sweet-tasting and medicinal fruit luo han guo…in a unique patented process…was Saraya able to create an amazing replica of sugar.
The exotic luo han guo fruit grows high in the Chinese mountains, in the Guangxi province.
The Chinese have been using luo han guo fruit as a sweetener and natural remedy for years. They dry the fruit, which has a sweet toffee or caramel-like flavor, and use it in teas to ease fever, coughing and phlegm. They even use the tea for digestive troubles.
In fact, the Chinese call luo han guo the “longevity fruit,” because the people who live where it is cultivated often reach the ripe old age of 100!
Scientists have studied luo han guo and its health benefits extensively, and they’ve found that this rare fruit has amazing health properties.
Studies have shown that mogrosides (compounds found in the extract of luo han guo) have these properties:
- Regulate blood sugar
- Able to prevent and decrease oxidative stress related to diabetes
- Prevent tooth decay
- Inhibit tumor growth
The luo han guo fruit is naturally sweet. In fact, the special extract is 300 times sweeter than sucrose!
Because luo han guo extract is sweet without affecting blood sugar, it is perfect for a healthy sugar substitute.
Luo han guo extract in Body Ecology’s Lakanto has:
- Zero calories. Your body does not break down the unique chemical components of the fruit like other simple sugars and carbohydrates.
- Zero glycemic index. Because your body metabolizes luo han guo differently, your blood glucose and insulin levels do not rise like they do with other sugars.
- Zero additives. Lakanto is made of the natural extract of the luo han guo fruit and erythritol.
Together, the extract of luo han guo and erythritol make one of the best healthy natural sweetener discoveries of the century … LAKANTO!
QUESTION: “The other natural sweetener you have long recommended, stevia, tastes great in drinks, but not so great in baked goods. Sometimes I like to bake though. Are you sure I can really bake with Lakanto?”
ANSWER: Lakanto is easy to use and tastes great in all kinds of baked goods because it bakes evenly, unlike most other natural sugar substitutes! The texture of your baked goods will be excellent!
When you first taste it right out of the package, you’ll notice that Lakanto actually has a flavor that is reminiscent of maple syrup but in a crystal form. It also looks a lot like turbinado sugar, the coarse granulated brown sugar you might have seen in the health food store, but Lakanto has none of the calories or health risks.
You can use Lakanto like you would use regular sugar. In fact, it is a one to one substitute for sugar.
WHEAT & GLUTEN-FREE ZUCCHINI BREAD
- 2 cups Pamela’s Wheat & Gluten Free Baking mix (or similar)
- ½ cup Lakanto
- 2 cups finely shredded zucchini
- 1/3 cups Palm Oil (vegetable shortening) … I recommend Spectrum brand
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch nutmeg
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ¾ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
Preheat the oven 350° F. Grease & flour 9×5-inch loaf pan.
In large bowl, combine baking mix, Lakanto, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg. In separate bowl, combine shortening, zucchini, eggs, lemon zest. Mix wet ingredients into dry, add nuts and fold in.
Bake 55-60 minutes or until golden brown or when skewer inserted in the center comes out clean. (May take up to 1 ½ hours in some ovens)
- Looks like sugar
- Tastes like sugar
- Bakes like sugar
- Smells like sugar
Now with Lakanto, you’ll get a healthy end result that you won’t believe is not sugar!
To prove that point, I encourage you to try this simple and delicious recipe to the right that I created in my own kitchen.
Just a FEW of Lakanto’s many other uses include:
- Coffee ( if you must drink it)
- Pumpkin or sweet potato pie
- Other baked goods
- Frozen desserts
- Quinoa cereal or your favorite cereal – sprinkled on top with cinnamon and butter
Try Lakanto today, and you’ll see why it is so popular elsewhere in the world. But it is more than just an ideal sugar substitute.
Lakanto is the best alternative to sugar we have ever discovered by far. Use it in all your favorite recipes for calorie-free flavor that actually improves your health. Try Lakanto Today!
Lakanto is a protective sweetener for:
- Growing kids
- Anyone who wants to slow the signs of aging
- People with compromised immunity
- Weight loss
If you are serious about avoiding sugar, but still want to satisfy your sweet tooth, then Lakanto is THE sugar solution.
Here at Body Ecology, we believe in balance, and enjoying the sweet taste regularly is part of great health! Now you can enjoy sweet-tasting foods without worrying about your waistline, your blood sugar or your health.
Lakanto is the best alternative to sugar we have ever used, and we are proud to bring it to you. Enjoy!