These tasty sugar-free recipes are naturally sweetened with Body Ecology’s BE Sweet. They’re easy to make — and even easier to eat.
“I’m very pleased with the BE Sweet powder. I’ve used it in several baked goods/sugar-free recipes so far, and it has not produced the tummy troubles that erythritol-based sweeteners do, which is great! No aftertaste; pours like sugar. Perfect for low-carb/keto/diabetic cooking!” – Cheryl
Click here to order your BE Sweet.
1. Chocolate chip oatmeal cookies
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup BE Sweet powder
- 1 tsp. non-alcoholic vanilla flavoring
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour (or gluten-free flour of choice)
- 2 cups gluten-free oats
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 6 oz. raw cacao nibs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter, BE Sweet powder, and vanilla flavoring with a wire whisk until light and fluffy.
- Add flour and salt; mix well.
- Dissolve baking soda in boiling water. Add to the mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Cool down for 15 minutes in a refrigerator. Scoop the dough; form chocolate chip oatmeal cookies to a desired size and shape.
- Bake in a middle rack for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool until hardened. Enjoy.
2. Key lime ice cream
- 4-5 cups coconut kefir cheese
- juice of 3 limes
- 1/2 cup BE Sweet powder
- 1/8 tsp. pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- pinch Celtic sea salt
- In a Vitamix or food processor, combine coconut kefir cheese and lime juice, and blend for about one minute.
- Add BE Sweet powder, sea salt, and vanilla, and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Taste and add more BE Sweet, if needed.
- Pour into a freezer-safe container or ice cream maker.
- Freeze until you’re ready to enjoy.
3. Lemon cherry yogurt parfait
- 2 cups coconut kefir cheese
- ¼ cup fresh Bing cherries*
- 1 tsp. agar-agar (seaweed used like gelatin)
- 3 tbsp. BE Sweet Powder (to taste)
- ½ cup water
- 1 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon zest
- 4 stemmed cherries (for topping)
- 4 wine glasses
- Combine one cup coconut kefir cheese, Bing cherries, and a few drops of BE Sweet Liquid, to taste, in a food processor or high-speed blender. Blend until creamy. Move to a mixing bowl.
- Add the remaining kefir cheese, BE Sweet Powder, lemon juice, and lemon zest to your blender and blend until creamy. Move to a separate mixing bowl.
- Boil ½ cup of water on stovetop, turn off heat, add agar-agar flakes, and stir until dissolved.
- Quickly add half of the agar-agar gelatin to each bowl, and stir.
- You can re-blend each fruit/cream if you like.
- Spoon half of the lemon cream into four wine glasses and top with half of the cherry cream. Top with the remaining lemon and cherry creams and refrigerate for 20 minutes before serving.
*Though popular in sugar-free recipes, cherries are not included in Stage 1, the healing stage of Body Ecology. Sometimes even sour fruits can cause candida to act up. Ideally, fruits should be eaten alone, on an empty stomach, and combined with a good fermented food, so that the microbes can help consume the sugar, and you can enjoy the delicious flavor.
4. Rice pudding
- 1 lemon ginger teabag
- ¼ tsp. fine grind Celtic sea salt
- 1-2 tsp. BE Sweet (or to taste)
- 1 cup white basmati rice
- 2 cups Amasake (plain flavor is our favorite)
- 1½ cups pure organic cream
- 2-3 tsp. organic vanilla extract (alcohol-free preferred)
- Dash of cinnamon or nutmeg (optional but tasty)
- Bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan (at least 3-quart capacity). Drop in teabag and let steep for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove teabag and bring water to boil again.
- Stir in the salt, BE Sweet, and rice. Reduce heat and simmer over low heat, stirring once or twice, about 20 minutes.
- Add the amasake and continue to simmer uncovered, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes more.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the cream, cinnamon or nutmeg, and the vanilla.
- Pour into a baking dish and bake at 350°F for about 20 minutes or until brown on top and firm. Serve warm, room temperature, or chilled.
*Soak rice for 8 to 12 hours to remove the enzyme inhibitors. And better yet, add a spoonful of young coconut kefir or InnergyBiotic to the soaking water to help “pre-digest” the grain/rice, making it even more digestible.
5. Spicy chai tea
- 1 1/2 cups cold, filtered water
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken
- 3 cardamom pods
- 3 whole cloves
- 2 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp. rooibos tea
- Fresh ginger, 1/4″ thick
- 1-2 tsp. BE Sweet powder (or to taste)
- Steep cinnamon in boiling water for two minutes.
- Return pan to heat, and bring to a boil. Add tea, spices, and BE Sweet, and remove pan from heat. Allow to steep for three minutes.
- Strain and enjoy.
What’s BE Sweet? It’s our special combination of allulose, monk fruit, and stevia, designed to be used as a safe, smooth, natural sugar alternative with zero aftertaste in your favorite sugar-free recipes. It’s also plant-based and diabetic-safe.