Welcome to Day 1 of our Mini Course: How to Heal What Holds Your Body Back!
In this three-day course, we are going to show you how to take back control of your health and enjoyment of your body through a three-prong approach that works synergistically to eradicate challenges to your health while simultaneously catapulting you towards your health goals.
Most health advice focuses specifically on just one of these approaches to health but we find that engaging them together is the secret – as each of them is a vital key to successfully reclaiming your health.
Today, let’s begin with the first required key to renewed health: Conquering Health Hijackers.
Health is the natural state of your body. When negative symptoms show up or persist, it is because something present in the body is inhibiting the healing response. Before your body can utilize foods, their nutrients, and all the good, positive things you give yourself, it must first create the energy to remove the damaging culprits currently hijacking your body’s healing response and preventing repair.
Health Hijackers are responsible for chronic illness, aches and pains, advanced aging and a host of other health challenges and annoyances. Dealing with them directly and eradicating them from your body is the most direct way to free yourself from acute or chronic complaints.
Best of all, you can begin to see relief from symptoms quickly and free yourself of persistent infections like candida or baffling yet common challenges like Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
I know that detoxification is nothing new to you. But there are several mistakes most people make with detoxification:
- They try to detoxify too intensely, too fast.
- They focus on only one organ or one culprit to expel from the body, and ignore the rest.
- They fail to do anything before and after detoxifying to fortify the body so that it has the energy to purge toxins and can repair itself after expelling them.
Here’s a quick guide to detoxing in a way that is rapid, yet steady and gentle on the body. Plus you can begin to detoxify all major organs of the most damaging toxins. The idea is to clear enough out of the body while also fortifying it with essential nutrients and building blocks that create the energy for repair and renewed health. Then, as your body becomes stronger, you can dive into deeper, more intense detoxes later on.
The key is to do what the body can easily manage in its current comprised state, then build upon a strong foundation over time.
We recommend detoxifying with spirulina, and specifically fermented spirulina (to ensure nutrient absorption) for a well-rounded, gentle yet effective detox.
A Quick & Simple Guide to Begin Detoxifying
For a good foundational detox, you want to begin to focus on four crucial organs:
The Liver: Your liver is your first line of defense against toxins. It acts like a filter to prevent toxic substances from your food, water, and environment from passing into your bloodstream.
The Colon: All disease begins in the colon. When we are not able to eliminate regularly and often, toxins build up in the colon and get reabsorbed into the bloodstream. Detoxification efforts can be easily undone if you are not able to eliminate regularly and flush out toxins the body has attempted to release through waste.
The Kidneys: Where your liver prevents toxins from reaching your bloodstream, your kidneys continually filter your bloodstream to clean up any toxins that do make it into the blood and release those toxins through the urine.
The Skin: Your body’s largest detoxification organ, your skin allows you to release toxins through sweat. However your skin can also absorb toxins, through non-organic skin care products, airborne toxins in the environment, and chlorine and toxins in the water you swim or bathe in.
Through supporting each of these organs with the vital nutrients they need to release their toxic load, fermented spirulina is a great addition to any detox and is one of the strongest foods to center a new detox around.
What Is Spirulina?
Quite literally, spirulina is pond scum that grows in fresh water! High in protein and antioxidants, it is a multi-cell organism also rich in chlorophyll. It contains 18 vitamins and minerals, 8 amino acids, and both omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids. Celebrated for its remarkable ability to absorb heavy metals and other toxins, spirulina aids your primary filtering and elimination systems by removing heavy metals and other pollutants from the blood.
It also supports detoxification with several other benefits…
The Features of Spirulina — Why It’s Great For Detoxing
- It is alkalizing to the body, which boosts liver function, a necessary element while detoxing.
- Spirulina has potent antioxidant activity, particularly phycocyanin and beta carotene—antioxidants that can help protect cells from damage and scavenge for free radicals.
- It is high in B-vitamins: vitamins B-1 (thiamine), B-2 (riboflavin), B-3 (nicotinamide), B-6 (pyridoxine), B-9 (folic acid).
- It is also high in other vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, and selenium.
- Rich in protein, amino acids make up 62% of spirulina and provide 4 grams of protein per 1 Tablespoon.
- Spirulina contains gamma linolenic acid, an essential fatty acid. The only other place it is found is in a mother’s breast milk. It has amazing anti-inflammatory properties especially when taken with other quality Omega-3 supplements.
- The very high concentration of bioavailable iron makes it excellent during pregnancy and for those with anemia.
We recommend using fermented spirulina while detoxing, because at the pre-detoxification (and during detoxification) stage, most people have compromised digestion and they are not properly absorbing nutrients from the foods they consume. If you take spirulina, but cannot absorb it, the benefits will be limited.
How Detoxing with Spirulina Can Transform Your Health:
Studies have shown that spirulina can:
- Help your body fight infection
- Inhibit allergic reactions
- Lower your cholesterol
- Eliminate free radicals that advance aging
- Raise your HDL (good cholesterol) levels
- Help you maintain a healthy weight
Because it is so great at absorbing metals, you want to always get your spirulina from a trusted source to ensure you do not buy product that has absorbed heavy metals from the environment where it was grown.
We also recommend that you wait and learn the other two keys to healing what holds your body back before designing your detox as they will affect how you want to approach detoxification. Plus as a bonus, after Day 3, we’ll give you a protocol you can follow — not just for detox, but for an overall kickstart to total health and transformation.
We’ll have Day 2 over to you first thing tomorrow.