Good with Squash and Ginger Soup and green vegetables.
- 1 cup buckwheat cooked in 3 cups water with 3/4 tsp. sea salt for 45 minutes.
- 1 - 2 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeds removed, and diced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp. (or to taste) chili powder blend (Spice Hunter)
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 ears fresh corn, cut off the cob
- 2 cups fresh spinach or cabbage or kale, chopped
- 1 can water chestnuts, drained and chopped (optional)
- 1 bunch scallions, chopped fine
- Melt oil or ghee in large skillet.
- Sauté onions, garlic, celery, and red pepper until soft.
- Add chili powder blend, sea salt, black pepper.
- Add corn, greens, and water chestnuts, sauté until soft.
- Add cooked buckwheat and sauté all together well.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Fold in scallions.
- Pour mixture in oiled loaf or casserole pan.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Serve with a sauce such as Gingery Carrot Sauce, Italian Carrot Sauce, or The Body Ecology Diet Gravy.
- Instead of pouring the mixture into a pan: scoop out the seeds and membranes of 4 red pepper shells or carve out the center of 4 onions. Then, fold the mixture into the pepper shells or onion bowls and bake the stuffed peppers/onions at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Instead of pouring the mixture into a pan: fold the mixture into steamed cabbage leaves, wrap the leaves in a roll, and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.