- 1 Tbsp. organic, unrefined coconut oil, ghee or butter
- 1 1/2 cups millet, washed and drained
- 1/2 cup amaranth, rinsed in fine strainer and drained
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- 6 cups water
- Kernels from 8 ears of corn, or 16 oz. frozen corn
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 mild green chili pepper, diced (optional)
- 1 tsp. Herbamare
- 1 3/4 tsp. Frontier Herbs Mexican Seasoning (salt free)
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- In bottom of large stockpot sauté onion, green chili pepper, Mexican Seasoning, and cumin in oil, ghee or butter with sea salt until onion is translucent.
- Add millet, amaranth, corn and water.
- Bring water to a boil, cover, turn heat on low and let cook 30 minutes.
- Fold in red pepper and Herbamare, adjust seasonings to taste.
- Pour into a 9” by 13” buttered casserole dish, dotting with butter or ghee if desired.
- Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees.
Variation: Use 2 tsp. Frontier Herbs Italian Seasoning (salt-free) instead of Mexican Blend.
To bring out a more delicious corn flavor, make a “stock” by cutting the fresh corn off the cob and simmering the cut corn and the corn cobs in 7 cups of water for 20 minutes. Puree and drain. Use 6 cups of this corn stock in recipe.