Looking for something to bring along with you to your summer get-togethers? This recipe is great for potlucks. If you increase the amount of ingredients, do not increase the amount of stevia. Always be sure to test for taste.
- 3 1/2 cups water
- 3 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 stalks celery, finely shredded
- 1 tbsp. Agar Powder (or 4 Tbsp. Agar Flakes)
- 1/4 tsp. Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. stevia powder or Stevia liquid to taste
- 1/2 cup total of lemon and/or lime juice
- Grated rind of 1 lemon
- In saucepan, dissolve agar powder in 2 cups cold water.
- Add lemon rind and salt.
- Bring to a boil, boil five minutes.
- Add celery and boil one minute more.
- Add carrots, stevia, 1 1/2 cups water, and continue boiling 3 minutes more so that carrots are desired chunkiness.
- Mix well.
- Pour in lemon juice.
- Pour mixture into mold, bowl, or square baking dish.
- Serve on bed of lettuce with a dollop of mayonnaise.