- 1½ cups millet
- Half a cup of amaranth
- Six cups water
- 1 or 2 bay leaves
- 1 medium onion -- diced
- Two-thirds a cup of diced celery
- 3 cloves of garlic finely minced
- 1 Tb. of ghee
- 2 tsp. dry sage (if leaf, crumble, I don't recommend powdered)
- 1 tsp. dry leaf thyme
- 1 tsp. Herbs D' Province
- Sea salt/Herbamare to taste
Herbs D' Province is a wonderful herb mixture that, in addition to rosemary, tarragon and thyme, it also contains lavender (even the pretty flowers). You'll love it!
- Bring grains, water and bay leaf to a boil. Cover and reduce heat, cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves when done.
- Saute vegetables in ghee over medium heat till tender but firm.
- Add herbs to mixture and saut for about 30 seconds to release flavors.
- Add veggies to cooked grain, blend thoroughly.
- Adjust seasonings and it's ready to serve!