- 2 egg yolks (free range)
- 2 Tbsp. raw, organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp. mustard
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 2 tsp. sea salt or to taste
- 1 cup olive oil or 1/2 cup olive and 1/2 cup unrefined safflower oil
- In blender combine egg yolks, vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, and 1/4 cup oil.
- Blend for 30 seconds.
- With blender running low, remove insert top and drizzle remaining oil in a thin stream until mixture is thick.
- Scrape into a glass jar with a screw top and it will keep safely in your refrigerator 7 - 14 days.
- Add garlic powder, a dash of white pepper, 1/4 tsp. mustard powder, and herbs (chervil, tarragon, dill, oregano, basil, cumin, coriander, curry, paprika).
- Cayenne and/or lime juice gives the mayonnaise a nice flavor for topping aspics or for mixing into any salads made of lightly steamed and chilled vegetables such as carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, daikon, kohlrabi, celery root, etc.
- Mayonnaise can be sweetened with a few drops of stevia liquid concentrate, if desired.
- In place of the vinegar, add 2 tsp. lemon peel, finely grated and 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice and add 1 tsp. fresh mustard.