You will love the way you feel in the morning after drinking your green smoothie. Play with the ingredients and create your own favorites.
- 3 organic unpeeled cucumbers, chopped
- 1 cup celery root, peeled and chopped
- 1 lemon, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 lime, peeled and cut into sections
- 1 whole organic green apple, chopped
- 2 inches ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 heaping handful baby spinach
- Filtered water to cover
- 1 cup of ice
- Optional ingredients: frozen berries, fermented coconut meat, cultured quinoa milk, coconut kefir, and stevia to taste.
Purée ingredients in a blender adding more water if needed.
Green apples are a sour fruit that adds a touch of sweetness to an alkaline, vegetable-rich smoothie. Ideally fruit should be eaten alone and on an empty stomach for optimum digestion, but work just fine for most people when combined with veggies. If you find that the addition of the apple is too sweet for you, then don’t put it in. In other words, temporarily eliminate the apple if you are dealing with severe candida-related problems and use some fermented coconut meat and stevia to thicken and flavor your smoothie.