by Gina Laverde
Key Lime Ice Cream makes an excellent refreshing dessert. But, if you want to get really creative – try adding a scoop to your morning smoothie.
Have you ever wanted to try your hand at making ice cream, but didn’t think you had the time? Well, you can make your own ice cream from fermented coconut meat and enjoy it as a dessert or even a tangy, sweet smoothie addition. It’s delicious and takes minutes to make -- and even less time to disappear from your bowl. So you may want to consider doubling the recipe.
- 4-5 cups coconut kefir cheese
- Juice of 3 limes
- ½ cup Lakanto
- Few drops Stevia (to taste)
- 1/8 tsp pure vanilla extract or vanilla bean
- Pinch Celtic Sea Salt
- In a Vitamix or food processor, combine coconut kefir cheese and lime juice, and blend for about 1 minute.
- Add Lakanto, sea salt and vanilla and blend for another 30 seconds.
- Taste and add Stevia as needed.
- Pour into freezer-safe container or ice cream maker.
- Freeze until ready to enjoy!
Note: If you do not have an ice cream maker, you will want to blend it once more before eating to get the creamiest consistency.