Kale is an incredibly healthy vegetable that is also easy to cook! This recipe will offer you cholesterol-lowering benefits and will also reduce your risk of up to five different types of cancer. Eat up!
- 1 bunch kale, coarsely chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped small
- ¼ C red bell pepper, diced small
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 1 clove garlic
- Sea salt
- Apple cider vinegar (optional)
- Wash kale, and strip the leaves off the stalks. Coarsely chop leaves, and discard stalks.
- Bring 2 cups of water to a boil, add kale, and cook over high heat for no more than 5 minutes (If you overcook kale, it will go from sweet to bitter).
- Remove kale from water and drain.
- Heat coconut oil in skillet over medium heat, making sure oil has spread over bottom of skillet.
- Add celery and sauté 3-4 minutes.
- Add in garlic and red pepper, and cover and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in pre-cooked kale, and cook until fully heated.
- Season with sea salt, and serve hot.
- Sprinkle apple cider vinegar on immediately before eating.