- 2 medium bulbs fennel (about 2 pounds/5 cups), trimmed, minced
- 1½ tablespoons coconut oil or ghee
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock
- ¼ teaspoon fennel seed
- ¾ teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- White pepper, to taste
- Toss fennel with coconut oil or ghee in a medium saucepan. Add stock and seeds. Cover and cook over low heat, stirring only 2 or 3 times. Cook for 2 hours and 15 minutes or until fennel is easily mashed with a fork.
- Mash into a chunky purée.
- Season with sea salt and white pepper.
Ladle this fragrant compote onto a dinner plate and top with a fillet of your favorite white fish or salmon.