Products that may interest you:
Summer’s in full swing, and many are off to their favorite vacation spots.
On Body Ecology’s Facebook fan page, Monica K. asks:
Any tips for healthy travel snacks?
Great question, Monica!
How to Make Your Own Body Ecology Travel Kit
You can bring your own Body Ecology travel kit on vacation to make any restaurant BED-friendly. Keep Super Spirulina Plus and Vitality SuperGreen on hand to make a quick and energizing green drink, rich in protein, vitamins, minerals, and essential fats.
Sour dried fruits like bing cherries, black currants, or golden berries are an easy and quick snack.
One disappointing aspect of most restaurant food is that poor quality oils and salt are ubiquitous. Often, our choices are to eat bland food or use the condiments offered at the restaurant (and maybe suffer the consequences later).
Fortunately, you can pack a Body Ecology travel kit and avoid this dilemma.
Try filling leak-proof travel bottles with:
The Top 6 Healthy Travel Snacks
Here’s a list of some of our favorite travel snacks:
- Vegetables: Toting along a bag of sliced veggies is easy to do and takes only a minute to prepare in the kitchen. Try carrots, celery, and radish. You can make their natural flavors pop with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Fruit: Pack sliced sour green apples with a squeeze of lemon or lime juice. Sour dried fruits like bing cherries, black currants, or golden berries are an easy and quick snack. Make sure your dried fruits are not packaged with added sugar and remember to enjoy dried sour fruits alone and on an empty stomach.
- Seeds and Nuts: Soaked almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds with a dash of Celtic sea salt, a squeeze of lime, and a pinch of paprika make an easy, delicious, and filling snack.
- Protein: Vital Choice offers canned salmon and sardines, which are great to roll in lettuce leaves with cultured vegetables. If you have a cooler, try Vital Choice’s Sockeye Salmon Nova, rich in omega-3 fats. Vital Choice is committed to a pure and sustainable product.
- Vitality SuperGreen and Super Spirulina Plus: Add a scoop of Vitality SuperGreen and Super Spirulina Plus with a few drops of Stevia Liquid Concentrate to water and shake for a boost of protein, vitamins, minerals, and essential fats. If you have a cooler, pack a bottle of InnergyBiotic or coconut water kefir.
- Zucchini Chips: Check out the simple recipe below, prepared with milk kefir, for those on Stage 2 of the Body Ecology Diet.
Zucchini Chips Recipe
Body Ecology Diet Stage 2
- 2 zucchinis, sliced into 1/8 inch-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup ground almonds, soaked and dehydrated
- 1/2 teaspoon Celtic sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons milk kefir
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Combine the first five ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Place milk kefir in a shallow bowl. Dip zucchini slices in milk kefir and then coat in dry mixture.
- Place coated slices on an oven-safe wire rack coated with coconut oil.
- Bake at 425° for 20 minutes, or until browned and crisp.
What To Remember Most About This Article:
If you find it almost impossible to seek out healthy food on vacation, this Body Ecology travel kit is for you:
You can also maintain your health while traveling by making easy travel snacks in advance:
- Vegetables: Carrots, celery, and radish with a squeeze of lime juice.
- Fruit: Sour green apples, bing cherries, black currants, and golden berries.
- Seeds and Nuts: Soaked almonds, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds with Celtic sea salt, lime, and paprika.
- Protein: Vital Choice Sockeye Salmon Nova rolled in lettuce leaves with cultured vegetables.
- Supplements: Add a scoop of Vitality SuperGreen and Super Spirulina Plus with a few drops of Stevia Liquid Concentrate to water; pack InnergyBiotic or coconut water kefir in a cooler.
- Zucchini Chips: Make your own delicious zucchini chips, prepared with milk kefir.
- [product id="5"]
- [product id="37"]
- [product id="43"]
- [product id="4"]
- [product id="169"]
- [product id="22"]
- [product id="1"]
- [product id="3"]
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.