Men: do you want to enhance your fertility, de-stress, and improve your immunity? Women: are you looking for a way to ease symptoms of PMS or menopause? Dong quai is a Chinese herbal remedy known to do all of this and more!
Dong Quai is a traditional Chinese herbal remedy that is growing more popular here in the Western world.
Why it's gaining popularity has much to do with the tremendous benefits for both men and women. In fact, dong quai has been touted as a cure for infertility, hot flashes and maybe even cancer.1
Nicknamed the "female ginseng" because of its benefits for women, dong quai is also effective for men's fertility.
Whether you are a man or a woman, here's what you need to know about dong quai and to improve your health now:
- Balances estrogen levels. Dong quai is the premier "gynecological regulator." It has the ability to reduce your estrogen levels if they are too high and can increase them if they are too low.
- Excellent blood tonic. Master herbalist, Ron Teeguarden, attributes the blood toning and nourishing effects of dong quai to its amazing vitamin and mineral content. Dong quai contains vitamin B 12, folic acid, folinic acid, nicotinic acid, and biotin.Dong quai is helpful after any injury or surgery to replenish your red blood cells and increase blood volume. It's included in nearly all Chinese herbal blood-building formulas.
- Treats iron deficiency and anemia. The cobalt in dong quai is thought to increase the hemoglobin content of your blood. (Hemoglobin is the protein in your blood that contains iron and carries oxygen to cells and carbon dioxide from them.)
- Boosts male fertility. Ferulic acid, an antioxidant found in dong quai, has been shown to improve sperm quality.
- Essential during and after menstruation. Dong quai is an antispasmodic that eases cramps and other symptoms of PMS. It dilates your blood vessels to increase flow during your monthly cleansing and helps replenish blood after your period has ended.Women who stop taking birth control pills may also find dong quai useful to encourage a regular cycle.
- Helps you feel happier! Dong quai is effective at reducing anxiety and could be useful to help you combat stress and reduce the severity of mood swings. It has a calming effect on your nervous system and promotes relaxation.
- Enhances female fertility. Only a generation ago, infertility was rare, but now it takes the average woman up to18 months to conceive. Women often seek the help of expensive fertility specialists and undergo painful procedures when an antifungal diet and an herb like dong quai may be all that are needed.
- Keeps you beautiful and youthful. Chinese women are known for their age-defying youthfulness, and dong quai may be a big part of it. Dong Quai preserves your natural beauty by encouraging health from the inside out.Ron Teeguarden notes that Dong Quai increases circulation, improves your complexion, and aids detoxification to clear blemishes.
- Treats alopecia, eczema and rosacea. Dong Quai's effect on the blood and circulation also prompts healing for common skin conditions like eczema and rosacea, neurodermatitis, pruritis, hives and vitiligo.
When NOT to Use Dong Quai
While Dong Quai is considered safe for most people, there are some specific populations who should not use this herbal remedy.
- Women with breast cancer
- During pregnancy or while nursing
- Women with endometriosis, uterine fibroids, or cancers of the breast, ovaries or uterus
- Men with prostate cancer
Making Dong Quai More Powerful with Fermentation
You know that the herb dong quai has amazing health-building properties. It can be used to counter anxiety, build your blood, fight anemia, and improve your complexion. Now you can get Dong Quai in a convenient, immune-boosting probiotic liquid. Try Body Ecology's Dong Quai and see the benefits for yourself!
Dong quai's benefits intrigued Body Ecology's founder, Donna Gates. In fact, she knew that fermenting dong quai would make it more powerful AND provide the healthy, immune-boosting benefits of healthy microflora. Soon after, Body Ecology's Dong Quai was added to our line of healing probiotic liquids.
Body Ecology's probiotic liquid, Dong Quai, has four essential bacteria and yeasts that are ideal sources of natural, plant-based probiotics. What makes thes probiotics special is that they are native to human intestines, so they can thrive in your body much more easily than many other probiotics on the market.
Try an ounce of Dong Quai twice a day for women's health, men's fertility, to cleanse and strengthen your circulatory system and to improve digestion.
The Chinese have been benefiting from Dong Quai for centuries, now you can have a convenient and healthy way to take this ancient remedy every day!
- Kiefer, Dale, "A Natural Approach to Menopause," Life Extension Magazine, 20 April 2006. http://search.lef.org/cgi-src-bin/MsmGo.exe?grab_id=0&page_id=3094&query=dong%20quai&hiword=DONGEN%20QUAIL%20QUAIS%20dong%20quai%20
- Herbal Supplements for Menopause, Epigee Women's Health. Epigee.org.
- Teeguarden, Ron, "The Ancient Wisdom of the Chinese Tonic Herbs," Grand Central Publishing, 2000.
- Male Fertility or Male Infertility, Fertilinet.com. http://www.fertilinet.com/male.htm
- Getting Pregnant: How Long Does It Take? AmazingPregnancy.com. http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/467.html
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.