Who doesn't love the smell of a freshly peeled orange?
Sweet and warm, the scent instantly energizes and refreshes.
Cold-pressed from the skin of oranges, orange essential oil has long been used in Chinese medicine to treat coughs and colds. The Romans also recognized the benefits of oranges and used orange water to cure hangovers.
Oranges are more than just a tasty snack. In fact, orange essential oil is 70 times more concentrated than a single orange and can spark your creativity, enhance your ability to fight off colds and flu, and may even prevent cancer!
These days, orange oil is perhaps one of the best oils to diffuse in the air during your workday because it can help you feel energized as you accomplish all your tasks.
But orange oil is so versatile that it can be used for your body, your mind, and even your home!
Orange Oil: Everyday Uses for Excellent Health
Orange essential oil for your body:
- Aids digestion and detoxifies your system
- Eases constipation
- Relieves water retention
- Stimulates your adrenals
- Promotes circulation
- Combats cellulite
- Increases your absorption of vitamin C
- Supports your immunity to fight colds and flu
- Strengthens and rejuvenates your skin
Orange essential oil for your mind:
- Reduces stress, nervousness and tension
- Energizes and fights lethargy and fatigue
- Treats depression during menopause
- Induces sleep when combined with lavender
- Promotes creative thinking
- Moves energy out of your head and into your heart
- Encourages right brain functioning
Orange essential oil for your home:
- Cleans and disinfects
- Removes stains, especially from counter tops
- Is an effective degreaser
Limonene and Orange Oil: Potent Anti-Cancer Ingredient
Besides being such an effective mind and body healer, new research has shown that limonene, a component that makes up greater than 90% of pure orange oil, has amazing anti-cancer properties.
The limonene (also known as d-limonene) in orange essential oil can be effective in fighting melanoma, liver, breast, lung, and pancreatic cancers.1
For skin cancers, people use limonene topically; it can also be taken internally as an effective natural cancer treatment and preventative.
How to Use Your Orange Essential Oil
Anti Cellulite Treatment: Mix 5 drops each of Orange, Rosemary and Cypress essential oils into 8 ounces of a carrier oil, like organic unrefined sweet almond oil and apply to affected areas.
Air freshener: Add a few drops to purified water and spritz in the air.
Topically: Use neat (without a carrier oil) directly on skin or source of pain.*
Massage: Mix 2 to 4 drops into your favorite lightly scented unrefined organic oil (like coconut oil or almond oil) for therapeutic and energizing benefits.
Orange Essence Tea: Mix 2 to 4 drops with 1 teaspoon of honey for a delicious citrus tea.
If you choose to use essential oils neat (without a carrier oil) or ingest them, be sure that you are using a 100% pure essential oil.
Get Energized in Mind and Body with Orange Oil
Orange oil is versatile and pleasing to use on a regular basis whether you are trying to stay healthy, engage your right brain to think 'outside the box,' or just to clean your countertops.
Try orange oil today and you'll soon experience all the benefits oranges can provide!
- Brudnak, Mark, "Cancer-Preventing Properties of Essential Oil Monoterpenes D-Limonene and Perillyl Alcohol,"
- Crowell, Pamela, "Prevention and Therapy of Cancer by Dietary Monoterpenes," Journal of Nutrition. 1999;129:775-778. http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/full/129/3/775S
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.