According to the Center for Disease Control, arthritis is the leading cause of disability in the United States.1 Arthritis is so widespread that more than 20 million people are living with the disease.2
Common treatments for arthritis include over-the-counter and prescription drugs, some of which have very harmful side effects, but a new and tasty alternative may offer some much-needed joint pain relief!
If you experience joint pain and arthritis, then you need to know about green tea. While studies show that regular green tea can fight joint inflammation, highly concentrated Ujido Matcha Green Tea may also protect against painful inflammatory diseases, like arthritis.
Tea for Toes (And Joints!)
Anyone with arthritis pain knows that it can affect daily life, making small tasks like writing and walking unbearable, but a recent study found that green tea can soothe arthritic joints.
Researchers at the University of Michigan discovered that green tea contains a compound called epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG for short). EGCG inhibits the production of the molecules that contribute to inflammation and joint damage in people with rheumatoid arthritis.3
The EGCG in green tea suppresses inflammation in the connective tissue of arthritis sufferers too.4
So if you or someone you love experience joint pain and inflammation from rheumatoid arthritis, then green tea can be a delicious way to relieve symptoms.
Even better, green tea has benefits for everyone!
People in China have been drinking green tea for thousands of years, and it's no wonder. Green tea has amazing health benefits, and it tastes good!
Green tea has a variety of compounds that contribute to well being, including polyphenols, catechins, and antioxidants. These substances work in your body to fight harmful, damaged cells and to boost your immunity.
Here are just some of the ways green tea can help your health. Green tea:
- Inhibits the growth of prostate cancer.5
- Fights obesity and weight gain6
- Lowers blood pressure7
- Improves HDL (good cholesterol) and lowers total cholesterol8
- Stabilizes blood sugar9
As you can see, green tea has amazing preventative properties and can be a flavorful addition to your daily routine.
Tea drinking is also a soothing ritual, so it can calm your mind as it heals your body.
- Arthritis Statistics
- Arthritis Statistics
- Green Tea Compound, EGCG, May Be A Therapy For People With Rheumatoid Arthritis, Science Daily, April 2007.
- Green Tea Compound, EGCG, May Be A Therapy For People With Rheumatoid Arthritis, Science Daily, 30 April 2007.
- Collins, Karen, "Tea For a Healthy Prostate?"
- Zheng, G, "Anti-Obesity Effects of Three Major Components of Green Tea, caffeine, catachins, and theanine, in mice," In Vivo. 2004 Jan-Feb;18(1):55.
- Tea Drinkers Reap Blood Pressure Benefits, Web MD Medical News, 26 July, 2004. http://www.webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/news/20040726/tea-drinkers-reap-blood-pressure-benefits
- New Findings on Green Tea, Life Extension. http://www.lef.org/featured-articles/greent.html
Green Tea. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_tea
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.