Is your morning breakfast ritual depleting your energy? Try these delicious, energizing Body Ecology healthy breakfast ideas!
So you've started eating better and want healthy breakfast ideas?
Breakfast is one of the most neglected meals of the day when it comes to our health. With busy lives and long commutes to work, convenient processed foods like Pop Tarts, donuts and fast food have become par for the course.
Add a little coffee or orange juice and you have the typical American breakfast.
Full of sugar...acid producing...energy draining. The first meal of the day has become one of the most harmful for your health and it's no better if you skip it.
The Body Ecology Program was created to build your energy and vitality, while healing your digestive system so that you can achieve and maintain vibrant health. But what happens when you can no longer grab breakfast from a vending machine or fast food window?
Body Ecology has many healthy breakfast ideas that are quick and easy to prepare. This article will outline some tips for a healthy breakfast along with menu suggestions that will have you enjoying the most important meal of the day.
Tips for Your Healthy Breakfast
- Plan your menu in advance. Whenever you are creating a new habit, one of the keys to success is planning. Create a menu plan for all of your meals for the week. This will help you shop for the foods you'll need and make the most of leftovers from the night before that can be used for a healthy breakfast meal.
Planning your menu in advance will also allow you to soak your nuts, seeds or Body Ecology grain-like seeds the night before, so you are ready to prepare them for the next day.
- Have an all-alkaline breakfast. During the night when you are sleeping, toxic bodies tend to become more acidic. Acidic blood sets the stage for illness and disease. When you wake up, having a more alkaline breakfast helps balance this acidic condition.
- Hydrate - When sleeping, you become also become quite dehydrated. Drinking water and having a healthy breakfast meal with high water content is an excellent way to re-hydrate your body to begin your day.
- Have a balanced and slightly more expansive meal. During the night, your body becomes contracted (stored energy that is closed and tight), so you will want to have a meal that is expansive (open, active and relaxed energy). To learn more about the Body Ecology principle of expansion and contraction read: A Review of the 7 Key Healthy Eating Principles.
- Eat your vegetables. Everyone from experts to moms agree that it's important to eat your vegetables. On the Body Ecology program, land and ocean vegetables are the star superfoods of every meal, including breakfast.
In fact, we recommend that 80% of each meal is made up of vegetables. Vegetables meet all of the criteria for healthy breakfast tips: they are alkaline, provide hydration and are balanced from an acid/alkaline perspective.
Unfortunately, eating vegetables for breakfast seems very foreign to most people. It's certainly quite different from that all-carb processed-food meal full of sugar so popular today.
You'll see that there are plenty of healthy breakfast ideas that will have you eating your vegetables with delight each morning! Even more so when you see your energy soar!
Healthy Breakfast Ideas
My favorite morning wake up call consists of 3 super stars on the healthy breakfast ideas menu. If you are a light eater in the morning, one or all of these may satisfy you.
If you are more active or have a bigger appetite, you could start your day with these three hydrating "meals" and have something more substantial mid-morning. Try them for yourself:
- Vitality SuperGreen - if you have no appetite in the morning or are in a rush, the perfect morning pick-me up is Vitality SuperGreen.
Vitality SuperGreen is our alkalizing green food blended with nutrients and probiotics to nourish and heal your intestines. Just add filtered water and it can give you a quick energy boost that replaces your need for acid- producing coffee.
This is how I often prepare my Vitality SuperGreen:
- Green Smoothie - This Good Morning Green Smoothie recipe will surely make you love your vegetables! Try our green smoothie recipe before your morning exercise routine or on your way to work, it's a great energizer!
- Young Coconut Kefir or CocoBiotic - Young Coconut Kefir is an amazing probiotic liquid that you can make yourself. We consistently receive raving reports on its benefits including helping to stop sugar cravings, prevent bloating in the digestive tract, eliminate joint pain and making your skin more clear and pore-less. ...all while adding healthy microflora to boost your immunity.
- While not identical to young coconut kefir since they contain different microflora, a juice glass filled with the already-made and economical CocoBiotic is a great way to introduce the nutrients and benefits of coconut water without having to hunt for and crack young green coconuts. It's convenient and has a special blend of acidophilus and Saccharomyces boulardii (an amazing beneficial yeast) that helps heal your gut.
- The S. bouldarii in Cocobiotic has been shown to be very effective for the treatment of traveler's diarrhea, diarrhea caused by the pathogenic e Coli bacteria (a common cause of death in infants worldwide), and clostridium difficile, a common pathogen infecting the intestines of autistic children. Clostridium difficile, a pathogenic bacteria, can also cause colitis in the ileum -- the final and longest segment of the small intestine.
- Fruit - Typically an ideal morning meal, fruit is too sweet and feeds candida. However, there are four fruits on the Body Ecology program that do not feed candida: lemons, limes, unsweetened black currants and unsweetened cranberries. Unsweetened pomegranate and noni juice have also been added for the early stages of The Body Ecology program.
You can get the benefits of fruit by adding these fruit juices to your Young Coconut Kefir or the probiotic liquids, CocoBiotic or Dong Quai, in the morning. Add a little stevia for sweetness and you have an excellent energy booster that is full of vitamins and minerals.
- Soup - Soup is NOT just a lunch or dinner meal! It is nourishing, warming and hydrating...just what your body needs first thing in the morning, especially during winter months. Soup made into a creamy "porridge" using one or several of our grain-like seeds (quinoa, milletor buckwheat) may also be filling and feel very nourishing on those cold mornings.
- Vegetables, Cultured Vegetables and Ocean Vegetables - The easiest way to make sure that your healthy breakfast meal includes 80% vegetables is to use leftovers from the night before.
- Cultured vegetables are an excellent part of EVERY meal (especially if you eat animal protein), so start your day right with ½ cup of them to provide your body with nutrients that are multiplied by 100 times from the action of healthy microflora!
Healthy Breakfast Ideas for People with Highly Active Mornings
These meals include concentrated, contracting food, so they may be better for mid-day than for breakfast. However, they are a great choice for creating energy if you have very active mornings:
- Eggs - Eggs help strengthen your thyroid, which is often weak in many people today...even children and teens. One therapeutic way to prepare eggs is to sauté them "over easy" (a soft, runny yolk) in organic, unrefined coconut oil. Then, eat mostly just the yolks. The cooked egg white (protein) is more difficult to digest and is often not as well tolerated as the yolk. Contrary to popular belief, it is the egg yolk that is the healthiest, most nutritious part of the egg. For another great healthy breakfast idea, try this soft scrambled egg recipe.
- Fish or Meat -Many people eat fish or meat for breakfast. When it comes to breakfast, these foods tend to be best for the winter months. Make sure you choose healthy sources of fish and meat.
Combine these meals with lightly steamed vegetables and/or cultured vegetables. Having a glass of CocoBiotic with unsweetened cranberry or black currant juice sweetened with Stevia and taken one half hour before you eat your animal protein meal will keep you from feeling too contracted.
Milk Kefir - Kefir means "feel good" in Turkish and has been used for centuries to create energy and health. A wonderful alkalizing meal, milk kefir should be added only when your intestines lining is not inflamed so that the casein protein will not "leak" through the wounded gut lining. We introduce it during stage 2 of the Body Ecology program.
Here's a recipe for milk kefir smoothies that is sure to be loved by adults and children alike:
- ½ cup of homemade raw milk kefir
- 1 - 2 oz. unsweetened black currant juice
- Stevia liquid concentrate to desired taste
- 1 teaspoon unrefined flaxseed or pumpkinseed oil
Blend these ingredients together.
This smoothie is excellent for children and adults alike who need a quick breakfast before they rush off to school or work in the morning. We have been told by many parents that the calming nutrients in raw milk kefir has helped their children with ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder). Kefir can curb cravings for sugar and improve bowel function. We recommend drinking milk kefir on an empty stomach, making it an ideal breakfast meal.
Body Ecology Grain-like Seeds - Since most of us are used to having grains for breakfast, these meals may be a good transition for your healthy Body Ecology breakfasts. Simply select one of our 4 gluten free Body Ecology grain-like seeds and cook them with either sweet or savory flavorings.
The convenient & economical Cocobiotic probiotic liquid is an excellent way to help start your day. It has a special blend of acidophilus and Saccharomyces boulardii (an amazing beneficial yeast) that helps heal your gut, among many other benefits!
Learn More about the Convenient & Delicious CocoBiotic Now
Here are some ideas.
You can also add raw butter, ghee or organic unrefined coconut oil, but skip the milk!
Remember to balance your grain with vegetables, cultured vegetables or ocean vegetables. If you've had a green smoothie and Vitality SuperGreen before your grain dish, you won't need to have so many vegetables with your grain meal.
- Millet Breakfast Meal - this "gruel" or "porridge" is excellent for correcting constipation.
- In a pressure cooker, cook 1 cup pre-soaked millet with 7 cups of water.
- Add Celtic Sea Salt
- Add your favorite vegetables (leftovers can be used), such as carrots, onions, or leftover ocean veggies from the night before
- Add a strip of the ocean vegetable kombu to the pot before cooking.
Cook it under pressure for about 30 minutes.
With just a few changes in your habits and armed with healthy breakfast ideas, you'll soon break free from processed foods to enjoy a high-energy day.
Nothing tastes better than your good health!
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.