This is a healthy, delicious and versatile sauce using Body Ecology's all-natural, no-calorie Lakanto sweetener. If you love ginger you may want to increase the amount of ginger in the recipe.
Body Ecology Lakanto All-Natural Sweetener is the healthiest, safest, most delicious and versatile sugar substitute available because it has:
- Zero calories
- Zero glycemic index
- Zero additives
- All natural ingredients
- No influence on your blood sugar and insulin release
- A one-to-one ratio with sugar -- so it's easy to measure and use
New to the U.S. through Body Ecology's EXCLUSIVE arrangement, Lakanto is time-tested and extensively proven in Japan. IN FACT, the Japanese Ministry of Health doesn't just approve Lakanto for use in Japan, they actually recommend it for weight loss, obesity and blood sugar problems like diabetes. In fact, over 9,000 hospitals in Japan serve Lakanto to their patients. And yes, Lakanto does have GRAS status here in the US!
12 oz pkg fresh cranberries
2/3 cup Lakanto
2 tsp fresh ginger juice** (or more to taste)
½ tsp sea salt
2 cups water
2 Tbsp lime juice
Zest of one small lime
½ cup walnuts, pecans or almonds, chopped (optional)
- Combine cranberries, Lakanto, ginger juice and sea salt in saucepan.
- Pour 2 cups of water over ingredients or just enough to barely cover the cranberries.
- Cook over medium heat, bring to a boil, cover and reduce to simmer.
- Cook until cranberries have burst open, are tender.
- Remove from heat, add lime juice, lime zest and nuts.
- Let sit and mixture will begin to thicken.
- Serve warm or cold
Note: Cranberries are an acid fruit and combine well with nuts and seed. Some find they can enjoy a little acid fruit with an animal protein meal. Some feel it even stimulates their digestion. This would not combine well with a grain. Acid fruits also combine with dairy. You could combine this Gingery Cranberry Sauce with milk kefir or even cream if you want to create another recipe. Also be sure to read about the benefits of ginger, another key ingredient in this sauce.
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.