Imagine feeling so much energy that you can’t wait to get out of bed each day! You can, with our 5 steps to boost your daily energy fast.
If you were to poll one hundred people about their top choice for a quick energy boost, what do you think they’d say? Likely, caffeine would top the list, with coffee and energy drinks as popular choices.
And let’s be honest, there are only a few among us (Donna Gates being one of them) who has not reached for one of these beverages for a quick energy fix?
Most of us need a boost now and then and we want something that works.Still, each time you reach for a cup of coffee or an energy drink, you are actually reducing your energy in these ways:
- They cause dehydration.
- They create an acidic condition in your blood , which lowers your immunity.
- They contribute to adrenal fatigue. Your adrenals are your body’s key energy producers, along with your thyroid.
In fact, many people have experienced nervousness, anxiety or the jitters from drinking too much coffee. But did you know that energy drinks, like Monster, Amp and No Fear have between 140 mg and 166 mg of caffeine – the equivalent of about four cups of coffee?1
Two important questions arise when we think about all of this caffeine consumption:
- Why do we need so much caffeine just to get through the day?
- Why are children and teens, who should have so much energy naturally because they are young, increasingly reaching for caffeine for an energy boost?
Chronic fatigue, difficulty relaxing, low willpower, difficulty sleeping and low libido are all symptoms of adrenal fatigue. And these symptoms appear to be affecting people in epidemic proportions.
Adrenal fatigue can “sneak up” on you, because it happens over time, so while you may not realize it, your habits affect your long-term energy.
5 Important Steps to Boost Your Daily Energy Fast
We all want quick solutions, but at the same time, why rob your future energy, just to get a quick fix now?
Here’s our list of the 5 most important steps to boost your daily energy fast:
- Focus on a mineral-rich diet. Minerals are the nutrients that feed your adrenals. Some of the top mineral-rich foods are vegetables, especially sea vegetables , like nori, dulse, kelp, wakame and arame.
- Have a morning smoothie. Blenderized vegetable smoothies are great for an energy boost. We recommend you blend one up first thing in the morning because they help alkalize your blood, hydrate your body and nourish your adrenals.
- Reduce feeling overwhelmed and focus on what you truly love to do. If you are feeling ruled by your life or like you never have time for yourself, perhaps the symptom of fatigue is showing up as a way to help you stop and re-focus on what truly makes you happy.
You don’t have to wait until you have time to go soul-searching. Start now by taking one thing you don’t like off your list and adding one thing you love.
Find out more by reading: What Really Lies Beneath Today's Stress and Adrenal Fatigue Epidemic?
- Discover the REAL, healthy energy drinks. Fermented foods and drinks, once the secret of our hardy ancestors in just about every culture worldwide, are the REAL healthy energy drinks. Full of probiotics that put a lot of potent, beneficial microflora in your intestines. One of the most important jobs of these beneficial microflora is to extract minerals from your food and help retain them until they are picked up by your blood and carried into your cells. The minerals are essential for your adrenals. Fermented foods and drinks should be your top choice for a fast AND lasting energy boost.
Instead of stealing your energy like caffeine, probiotic-rich fermented foods and drinks boost your immunity, aid your digestion and help your body make necessary nutrients…all things that lead toincreasing your energy!
Our most popular probiotic liquids, InnergyBiotic and Passion Fruit Biotic are truly healthy energy drinks. In fact, we wanted it to have a fantastic taste right out of the bottle so we created Passion Fruit Biotic for kids (and the kid in you!) so even a “picky eater” would become hooked on the delicious flavor and benefits of probiotic liquids.
- Have a good night’s sleep. While this might not seem like an “easy” solution, especially if you have trouble sleeping, you might find that a few tips really help. Just one good night’s sleep can change the way you feel about your life and perk you up the next day. For more, read: 10 Resolutions to Commit to Better Sleep .
1 Are Energy Drinks Harming Your Kids? KPHO.com, February 28, 2007
Want more articles like this?
Sign up to receive weekly articles. You'll also receive a 15% off coupon, weekly articles, and tips from Donna and her team.